There’s a Ford in Your Future: 1996

StPeteLadies.jpg (25328 bytes)

The only decent picture I have from 1996.  Sights from St. Pete.

SCCA Enterprises, Inc.
CSR Conference Call
March 13, 1996

In attendance: Lars Hansen, Patc Henry, Chip Korenek, Dave Liddle, Casey Korenek, George Bovis, Dave Skinner, John Willes, Joe Tabor, Don Blenderman, Bill Thompson, Mick Robinson, Greg Lapinski, Dave Helms and Ray La Rue

Patc-This will be her last conference call.  She is leaving with a smile on her face, that all is well with Enterprises and will continue to be so.  Introduced Lars.

Lars-Happy to be here and Patc will continue to be involved.  New CSR, Bill Thompson, has purchased Intercar.  Contract will run until the end of June, same as everyone else.  Darryl Almasy is traveling and will not be with us on this call.

Dave Liddle-updates: 1) FM 100: if you have any cars with chassis # 600 and above, SCCA will pay for replacement until April 1,1996.  53 so far have been taken care of. Not legal after 1/1/97.  Contact Dave with any cars not changed. 2) Unusual brake pad problem at Sebring: Performance Friction says no change in compound. Mick doesn’t agree.  Dave has not been able to reach anyone in quality control this week.  Lars said he will get with them and call Mick back. 3) Rules: Enterprises will no longer be involved in rule changes regarding SR and SRF.  All change requests must be sent to the Comp. Board at 9033 E. Easter Place, Englewood, CO 80112.  Dave will serve on the board ad hoc.  If the Board receives a request from 5 CSR’s and 20 car owners, it will be impressed.  Dave will be sitting in on its conference calls and meetings to help.  4) Engine Availability: 30 engines are sealed and available at Roush for shipment.

5) Questions: Lead seal on the camshaft.  Has been done away with, not necessary anymore.  Ford engine- short life.  Fax the information and description of the problem to Darryl Almasy at Roush and a copy to Dave at Enterprises..

Don Blenderman-Is there going to be a change in the wheels?  NO, in fact Jeff Jordan of Weld will be calling each CSR to discuss any concerns you may have and answer any questions.  There are rumors about a change, not true.  Patc-Will have a clarification appear in the next FasTrack to clear this up.

Enterprises has another full page ad in the April issue, &147;Expose Yourself” done by Doug Reed. Includes all CSR addresses, phone and fax numbers. Spec Racers on the cover of a magazine called Performance Racing Industry which just came out. Article inside sent to all CSR’s.

D C Insurance does not have an underwriter, do not use them. Risk Management is working on an “on-track” plan now. Hope to have information out to everyone in less than 60 days.

Don Blenderman-Pricing-another source for the Renault upright? John Willes is working on this, has drawings and will get a set of prototypes made up as soon as possible. Cheaper? Of course.

Body parts-Need to request a little less glass in the rear section, too heavy. Noses are very nice, quality is great, just too much weight. Slots not being cut out completely.

   Etched_Double_Line.gif (1197 bytes)

SCCA ENTERPRISES, INC.